Random OOC Discussion

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Random OOC Discussion

Post  The Storyteller on Tue 15 Mar 2016, 3:03 am

Okay something I totally forgot until just now. (Good thing I take notes on like... everything.) Anyway ... so because we had that whole issue with the law of doors and Que a.k.a. The Mind made a super great analogy for why the Law of Doors exists. The Primal Nexus and things within the Primal Nexus are like fire and the rest of the Existential Sphere especially the Howling Void is like Paper. The reason it's so bad when things from the Primal Nexus cross into the rest of the Existential Sphere is because it's like when fire meets paper... what happens to paper?

Also I'm wondering if I should start a thread somewhere so people can ask for explanations of the rules and stuff? I mean I encourage anyone and everyone to ask me a bunch of questions, but I feel perhaps putting it somewhere everyone can see it a good idea...

Primary Character: The Free Maker - Omega, the Tyrant King

List of Glorified NPCs
Artias, Esmeralda Elderwicks, Noami, Orbkiller, Simon

Sites I'm part of:
Realphobia - The Imagination Destination!
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio
Name: The Storyteller
Domains: The Existential Light
Position: The Storyteller

View user profile http://storysgodgame755.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guestor on Tue 15 Mar 2016, 1:05 pm

I am not complaining since there is in fact a lot of stuff behind-the-scenes that I do not know. But I must express nonetheless: That thing that happened with Truth, Eldritch and Mind? Yeah... My "Weird-O'-Meter" went off the scales.
Guestor

Portfolio
Name: Kairos
Domains: Core Astral, Astral Plane, Oasis
Position: Maker of Spirits

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Well...

Post  The Storyteller on Tue 15 Mar 2016, 1:11 pm

It's totally cool! Ask Zargor it pays to ask questions and if you promise to be good and not take ooc knowledge ic, I can be pretty open about what's going on. For example... truth be told Makers are very hard to kill when they are taken to that limit though it's near to impossible to bring them back. Truth was indeed in communication with the Eldritch when that happened. (Although that is indeed the reason she was most vulnerable to attack, the Eldritch was not the one who attacked her...) The Eldritch however has a certain talent? shall we saying for making the impossible possible in this case saving Truth's life even though she had been fatally wounded. Although as with all things, power comes with a price, even unfortunately saving a life. The price in this case being that they are now permanently bonded and Truth the Maker of Love can be no longer what she was and must change to be something more fitting of the Maker of the Eldritch.

Don't worry there will be a new Maker of Love, She's already in the works even... sort of? Anyway their will be a replacement for Truth as she's moved on and changed to something else.

List of Glorified NPCs

Sites I'm part of:
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio

Back to top Go down

Shadows

Post  Guestor on Tue 15 Mar 2016, 1:32 pm

I would say that there is too much information hidden in the shadows that I do not know.

This calls for another song.
Shadows:
Guestor

Portfolio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Well send me a few questions, although if you are referring to Kairos? Eh?

Post  The Storyteller on Tue 15 Mar 2016, 1:35 pm

Make buddies, ask questions! Make mistakes! Get Messsy!!!

... ... ...

get the reference? Anyway... uh... weird child-hood pbs moment... if there is anything you want to know and you're willing and able to separate ooc from ic I will answer your questions.

Also kudos for a lindsey song... I love lindsey!!! Have you checked out the RP Music thread at all?

List of Glorified NPCs

Sites I'm part of:
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio

Back to top Go down

Post  Guestor on Tue 15 Mar 2016, 1:40 pm

@The Storyteller wrote:Make buddies, ask questions! Make mistakes!
That moment went you want to ask questions but lack instances...
@The Storyteller wrote:Also kudos for a lindsey song... I love lindsey!!! Have you checked out the RP Music thread at all?
Yeah but since my song-posts are more sporadic (usually related to a particular situation rather than a song list) I figured it would be okay if I posted them in the Random OOC thread instead.
Guestor

Portfolio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Storyteller on Tue 15 Mar 2016, 1:51 pm

Oh no that's totally okay, but on the question thing, but no instances that's just for in-character. If you're worried about getting in-character information, but don't have the instances why not ask questions of your fellow Makers? There are quite a few of them after all... and you know you can reach out to any of them.

Ask Questions, Make Mistakes, Get Messy! still applies I feel, just try it out with your fellow Makers. Also why not respond to Artias she sent you a message to share what you learned and than she would attempt using requests to get more information. She's still waiting on a response. You could try talking to Darashal? Nabril, Gaia, I mean there are a lot of Makers here and who knows you might have learned quite a bit by just walking with Omega and Death in Gaia's realm that invitation is still open. Why not ask Karakia what she knows? (I would almost directly suggest this.)

List of Glorified NPCs

Sites I'm part of:
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio

Back to top Go down

About Questions

Post  Que on Tue 15 Mar 2016, 1:58 pm

The thing is OOC questions are different from IC ones. IC ones require instances, OOC ones don't, just don't use Out Of Character stuff In Character, and that's that. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Very Happy
Meep, anyway, I like your taste in music

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wow

Post  Que on Tue 15 Mar 2016, 1:59 pm

Story and I totally posted at, like, the exact same time. Hahahaha

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Storyteller on Tue 15 Mar 2016, 2:00 pm

I mean to be completely honest Zargor the Maker of War about 50/50 practically, but not quite almost always accidentally puts his foot in a puddle... but he's practically ascending to Divine Engine-hood and happens to know probably more about everything than any of the other Makers.... except maybe The Mind and that's kind of cheating and Zargor would know why. You don't just have to use question points and instances or even requests though. There are many many ways of getting information in this game. For example do you realize that at this very moment The Storyteller himself is actually manifested in Zargor's shared realm? The Training Room, This was a shared realm gotten by request so it didn't need to be approved by the other Makers. Right this very moment The Storyteller is right there, you could go right up to him and chat directly to his face.... without a request or a question point or instance spent.

On some level it really just comes down to your determination and ingenuity. Just go out there do stuff, interact and read everything I really can't stress that enough. The Makers are able to be aware of all the happenings in other realms in the Primal Nexus even if you aren't there or have been given permission. You're divine beings in no way are you bound by the same sort of linear one location perception somebody like a 'human' might be bound by. Take advantage of that! (Believe me The Old One is.) Read everything! Ask Questions! Participate! Interact! You will be rewarded for all these things, and you'll find that Kairos won't stay in the dark for long.

List of Glorified NPCs

Sites I'm part of:
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio

Back to top Go down

Dude

Post  Que on Tue 15 Mar 2016, 2:05 pm

For what you just did with Omega in Gaia's realm I will never forgive. I mean seriously, I know you hurt us to make the story more serious and awesome, but SCREW YOUUUUUUUU damn it

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guestor on Tue 15 Mar 2016, 2:11 pm

That is fine and all but I do not want to be "that guy who asks a bazillion questions". I guess I can ask some, though. I just need to think them through.
Guestor

Portfolio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Storyteller on Tue 15 Mar 2016, 2:28 pm

Zargor is sometimes the guy who asks a bazillion questions and look where that got him. Just sayin'

List of Glorified NPCs

Sites I'm part of:
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio

Back to top Go down

Re: About Questions

Post  Que on Tue 15 Mar 2016, 2:35 pm

Are you promoting people asking a bazillion questions Story? 'Cause that's how it sounds, lol

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Storyteller on Tue 15 Mar 2016, 2:37 pm

Yes?

List of Glorified NPCs

Sites I'm part of:
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio

Back to top Go down

Post  Que on Tue 15 Mar 2016, 2:47 pm

Hmmmmm, good idea
Then everyone is in the know
No chickens with their heads cut off!
Hurrah!!!!

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Storyteller on Tue 15 Mar 2016, 3:18 pm

Okay that's it for me in-character today. I can only post so much... and I feel like I post a lot so ... anyway I'm exhausted and need to go to sleep. I might linger ooc until I eventually actually pass out... (I'm obsessed), but yeah until tonight!

List of Glorified NPCs

Sites I'm part of:
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio

Back to top Go down

Post  Guestor on Tue 15 Mar 2016, 3:21 pm

Goodnight.
Guestor

Portfolio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Good Morning!

Post  The Storyteller on Wed 16 Mar 2016, 3:49 am

Yeah sorry about being a little late with updates this morning... uh... it was really hard to wake up today... >_<

Anyway so yeah! Got the necessary updates (point updates and void responses) done for the day, now for some actual posting! For those of you who haven't figured it out yet, I can only post so much in a day and I post a Lot!

So what I do is I post in order the following Characters: (sometimes I'll post for my actual characters at random or if there is a necessary back-and-forth then there might be some out-of-order character posting, but this is my legit list that I usually stick too.)
1. Storyteller
2. Fate
3. Artias
4. (Get Nabril to post if I can)
5. Gaia
6. Fayth & the Arch High Seraphim
7. Krozo
8. Karakia
9. Esmeralda Elderwicks (a.k.a. Truth)
10. Now I have Noami to post for
11. Then finally the Free Maker!

So yeah... I post for a lot of characters if you think about it. XD

List of Glorified NPCs

Sites I'm part of:
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio

Back to top Go down

Post  The Storyteller on Wed 16 Mar 2016, 8:16 am

Okay random thought just because something was said somewhere, I related this once already on some level to someone, and the level of cloak and dagger in this game was once again brought up! Just to help with clarifying or understanding the madness to my methods. I try really hard to sort of take a really complicated perspective on this game, I want there to be strategy, a great story, a lot of philosophy, and sort of an underlying level of 'more than just a game' and 'more than just a story'. Every great story makes you think, question yourself, learn more about your perspective on life and everything, at least that's the way I feel. It's what sets these stories apart from being just run of the mill any other story, they make you take a double-glance at reality. Even if just for a moment, they still do it. That's at least on some level what I want to achieve. So I'm very philosophical and stuff when I approach different concepts and ideas, and I love thinking what if it was really like this? What would that really be like?

You should know that the one book or story that already exists that I draw a lot of inspiration from and have drawn inspiration from while writing/building this game is the book 'Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaimen. If you sometimes question or don't understand why there is so much cloak and dagger in this game please allow me to refer you to this passage direct from the Book 'Good Omens'.

Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaimen - "Good Omens" wrote:Current theories on the creation of the Universe state that, if it was created at all and didn't just start, as it were, unofficially, it came into being between ten and twenty thousand million years ago. By the same token the earth itself is generally supposed to be about four and a half thousand million years old.

These dates are incorrect.

Medieval Jewish scholars put the date of the Creation at 3760 B.C. Greek Orthodox theologians put Creation as far back as 5508 B.C. These suggestions are also incorrect. Archbishop James Usher (1580-1656) published Annales Veteris et Novi Testaments in 1654, which suggested that the Heaven and the Earth were created in 4004 B.C. One of his aides took the calculation further, and was able to announce triumphantly that the Earth was created on Sunday the 21st of October, 4004 B.C., at exactly 9:00 A.M., because God liked to get work done early in the morning while he was feeling fresh.

This too was incorrect. By almost a quarter of an hour.

The whole business with the fossilized dinosaur skeletons was a joke the paleontologists haven't seen yet.

This proves two things:

Firstly, that God moves in extremely mysterious, not to say, circuitous ways. God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, [ie., everybody.] to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.

Secondly, the Earth's a Libra.

And it is, Earth is most definitely a Libra.

Anyway the point is that if you feel like there's too much cloak and dagger, well... to be entirely honest. So does everybody else... all the time, that's the whole point.

List of Glorified NPCs

Sites I'm part of:
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio

Back to top Go down

Post  Guestor on Wed 16 Mar 2016, 10:21 am

That was more of a conversation starter than a complaint, however. When I complain I will outright state so. Otherwise worry not, I am just trying to find words to start verbal intercourse.
Guestor

Portfolio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Storyteller on Wed 16 Mar 2016, 10:29 am

Oh no don't feel bad or anything, it was actually Que who said something/pointed out that an explanation on some level could be useful. She's right of course and hopefully this gives you an idea why I try to create at least some element of cloak and dagger.

List of Glorified NPCs

Sites I'm part of:
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio

Back to top Go down

Post  The Storyteller on Wed 16 Mar 2016, 10:39 am

Also Zargor and I were discussing my inspirations for the game and plot theories and I mentioned "Good Omens" and it made me remember this bit. I almost forgot to post it and than Que said what she said and I thought 'what the hell? why not' and went ahead and posted it here as I did. I didn't think you were complaining don't worry, I wasn't miffed or upset or anything either. Honestly it's a great passage from "Good Omens" and it does sort of give a good reason why I try to allow for an element of cloak & dagger and attempt to encourage/promote it on some level in the rp.

List of Glorified NPCs

Sites I'm part of:
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio

Back to top Go down

Post  Guestor on Wed 16 Mar 2016, 11:09 am

I suppose being on the sidelines is interesting in it's own way as well. Kind of like everybody else pulls of a strange/interesting/unexpected play out of the blue and it surprises you because you had no idea it was coming.
Guestor

Portfolio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Storyteller on Wed 16 Mar 2016, 11:25 am

Well okay I'll admit also part of it is that the play itself is built so you can interact and be part of it and change it's outcome, but it's also built so you can ignore it mostly and do your own thing. I've been doing for this for a while and that seems to be the best way to make everyone happy. Some people get really excited about a plot and want to be involved in it... than some people really don't want to be bothered and want to build their own plots. I wanted to make it so you could have the ability to choose one or the other. Now I'll admit that might seem a little difficult right now, but existence is just starting. Believe me we'll get to the point where the big plots won't make quite as much noise as they have been and there will be a lot more room for other people to just focus on their own stuff and even encourage others to focus on their stuff.

The whole idea of this forum is that it starts with this RP, but than as it and the Existential Sphere grow and the dynamics and mechanic of the forum become more defined and outlined I hope to make it possible for people to 'sort of' run their own games? Just with their game taking place in the canon of the whole existential sphere. With the option for cross-overs, game-merging, and a whole bunch of other crazy and creative stuff.

Basically we are creating at this moment a whole existential sphere for us to play with and eventually play in, and run games in, and have epic adventures and stories happen out of. It's not going to be the Free Maker show everywhere all the time until the end of time, certainly not.

This is only the beginning, the introduction, and yeah it's taking a long time... but than so did the creation of the universe I imagine be it by the big bang, or an actual divine entity either way I doubt it was very quick... not by ... well ... the average regular human perception of time.

Also on some level part of my caution and the cloak and dagger has to do with this as well. In order for the Storyteller and this Existential Sphere to provide the extensive and very large Existence that would allow for a system that would let people make their own games or 'isolated' realities what have you within it and work as I hope it will work there are some very specific requirements it will have to meet. On some level we can't risk these elements becoming too tampered with or the whole Design begins to fall apart.

So a plot, story, or chain of events has been designed before hand and set in place to ensure that things happen as they should, that there are good reasons and motivations behind them happening and a even better reason why them not happening would be bad for everyone.

Does it make more sense?

List of Glorified NPCs

Sites I'm part of:
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down