The Grand Elder Wood: Realm of Gaia

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Grand Elder Wood: Realm of Gaia

Post  Que on Tue 01 Mar 2016, 12:53 pm

I don't think I will, contact Sorcerenus, I mean. she answered Gaia's earlier question delicately. But as for waiting or not, she met Omega's look with a far more expressionless gaze, and grin, I think it would be easier to just stay, and allow you your rest, instead of leaving when we still... We do still have much to talk about do we not, Omega?
Que
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Gaia

Post  The Storyteller on Tue 01 Mar 2016, 5:08 pm

Gaia already having waited too long to rest gives the closest thing she can to a nod, before her face which really was just an emergence effect of all the cracks and knots in the bark of the large elder tree. Suddenly lost it's face as the bark of the tree returned to normal the cracks and knots, and the shadows cast on them no longer looked like the very animate face of Gaia. Now the great tree just looked like a rather great tree and nothing more, but the aura it cast was still strong and the Makers could feel it's compassion and kindness as the Grand Elder Tree went to sleep for a time.
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio
Name: The Storyteller
Domains: The Existential Light
Position: The Storyteller

View user profile http://storysgodgame755.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Que on Tue 01 Mar 2016, 7:16 pm

Death waited until the face had completely disappeared before she walked toward a tree that sat diagonally parallel and to the right of the giant tree that manifested most of Gaia. She just got this feeling though, with the way the wind danced, and the trees breathed, and how alive this place was: It seemed like the only parts of this realm that were the realm and not Gaia was the dirt inbetween her roots. Death sat underneath the tree she had walked to and thought, thought of things she felt she still needed to say to her sister. She looked at Omega and wondered. What else did he have to say?
Omega, what else should we be discussing with her when she wakes? Death asked.
Que
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Free Maker

Post  The Storyteller on Wed 02 Mar 2016, 8:13 pm

Omega shrugs, "I don't really know to be honest. I was going to tell her that Luna invited her to her realm as well, but I have a feeling she already knows. I kind of just wanted to explore, don't you? I think perhaps in some strange way, this place may be the most organic and natural of all the realms in the Primal Nexus... I'm kind of curious... also don't you feel a sort of energy here? It's like I don't really want to leave, do you?" Looking around the forest with a smile, it really was a beautiful place.
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio

Back to top Go down

Post  Que on Thu 03 Mar 2016, 1:18 am

Death watched him, how he loved place so much. True, she did feel the blissful calm of life being hear, for the sake of living and nothing else. She felt the pull of her heart, as it started to beat in tandem with the pure cadence breath she felt all around her. She felt it, but it made her a little uncomfortable. Well, claustrophobic was more the right word. So, so much life. It was beautiful, and wonderful, and it made her feel a little awkward, and drained. Still, part of her still wanted to stay so badly, even if being here made her feel uneasy and delirious.
Hmm, she begin to think as she got up, on his words, on these feelings for this place they both felt, like home. She found the descriptive that fit around her emotions like a snug and welcoming glove. It feels like home.
Que
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Gaia

Post  The Storyteller on Thu 03 Mar 2016, 3:50 pm

As if in some way still awake and listening. The wood suddenly seems to shift and be leading the two somewhere, or at least attempting to; if they chose to follow. Perhaps Gaia wanted to show them something?
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio

Back to top Go down

Post  Que on Thu 03 Mar 2016, 6:27 pm

Death chose to follow the whispering wood. Gaia was the host, after all, and it was better to go along with the Hosts wishes than to not lest you be kicked out of their home. Though she did not feel Gaia was the type, Death wasn't one to miss an opportunity. Nor was she one to miss an adventure she thought playfully. With a short warming laugh she half skipped along a few paces with a bit of excitement. Better she take in any happiness she could. While she still could.
Que
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Free Maker

Post  The Storyteller on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 12:47 am

Omega also excited at the prospect of an adventure follows behind Death, running along the path as it appears. Although as they move along the path he can almost swear that something... something is certainly following them. Something was alive in the wood... and it was watching them. Slowing his pace and listening intently to the forest around them.
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio

Back to top Go down

Post  Que on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 4:15 pm

Death felt startled at the hairs on her neck standing up because of a feeling so strong it almost had taste and the vibrancy of substance. They were being watched, followed. By who or what she did not know. She tried to settle herself as she followed Gaia, and tried to think. It could be the Old One, though that possibility seemed minimal considering Gaia would have known, warned them. But, what if she didn't? What if it had a way to keep it from her? Still, that was worst case scenario. More likely it was another Arch High Seraphim, something else of Gaia's, or perhaps even Gaia herself. Death worried. She quickly managed to climb one of the taller trees, hoping to get a better vantage point to see what followed, to see if they were in danger. If they weren't she was quite sure she'd be able to get back on the path fairly quickly, if they were? Well, she'd sound the alarm some-fucking-how.
Que
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Araha

Post  The Storyteller on Sat 05 Mar 2016, 2:56 am

The bestial Arch High Seraphim suddenly jumps from the leaves with a 'squeeee!!!' and tackles Death making them both fall to the ground. Fortunately the Arch High Seraphim used it's wings to make them glide more and fall less, and appeared to be amused by the whole affair. Unleashing a laugh that was something like the song of bugs, bird, and critter in the swamp. When they finally land, Araha lets Death go gently before stepping back and laughing some more, than waving with a charming fanged grin. You have the feeling that although it's teeth are somewhat feral it actually has no intention of biting you or doing anything else untoward with them. It's tail actually flicks in a playful way and you suspect it was likely sent to act as a guide and companion while you're in the realm.

Primary Character: The Free Maker - Omega, the Tyrant King

List of Glorified NPCs
Artias, Esmeralda Elderwicks, Noami, Orbkiller, Simon

Sites I'm part of:
Realphobia - The Imagination Destination!
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio

Back to top Go down

The Free Maker

Post  The Storyteller on Sat 05 Mar 2016, 3:01 am

Omega jumps with surprise with the arrival of Araha, he had been taken by surprise when Death suddenly climbed the tree... he certainly hadn't expected her to return with an Arch High Seraphim. "Well I suppose that solves that mystery... you would be the one whose been following us than?"

List of Glorified NPCs

Sites I'm part of:
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio

Back to top Go down

Post  Que on Sat 05 Mar 2016, 1:02 pm

Death yelps magnificently as she's falling down and laughs emphatically when she realizes that the only thing following them was Araha, who she was quite sure was completely harmless, which meant she had worried that much over nothing. She hugs Araha with her faint giggles finally dying down. Fate knows, you scared the crap outta me. she sighed as she let Araha go and shook her head slightly, and stepped back to look at Omega. Well, that was surprising.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Araha

Post  The Storyteller on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 7:17 am

Araha gives a strangely animal like nod an clicks it's teeth before hopping like a rabbit further down the path and making a stop briefly to pick up a strangely conveniently placed staff with feathers and leather strips tying off the top. He uses it to point down the path and than makes more clicks. Somehow waving the staff the end although nothing appears to be attached that should make it do so, jangles and rings like a rattle is there that isn't. Clicking and squeaking the Arch High Seraphim appears to indicate that they should keep going. Although the path ahead appears actually a little dark now that the two Makers look at it, the ceiling of branches getting thicker and thicker casting long and deep shadows across the path.

List of Glorified NPCs

Sites I'm part of:
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio

Back to top Go down

The Free Maker

Post  The Storyteller on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 7:35 am

Omega gives Death a look, "Won't lie... seems a little creepy. Do we dare follow?" He ends the comment with a wink and a mischievous smile as he inches towards Araha and appears to suggest that he would very much like to follow the feral angel. "Gotta admit, aren't you a little curious? What do you think Gaia sent him to show us?"

List of Glorified NPCs

Sites I'm part of:
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio

Back to top Go down

Post  Que on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 3:08 pm

Who knows? she said nonchalantly as she went eagerly in the direction the Arch High Seraphim was laying out for them. Whatever familiar cadence had been in her voice before was all but completely dissipated in the presence of this new person. It wasn't entirely that she didn't trust Araha, just that she didn't know that person well enough, and they had surprised her. The ground made delicate breathy sounds under her weight, it calmed her.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Gaia

Post  The Storyteller on Wed 09 Mar 2016, 8:01 am

The path led deeper into the woods and as they went it would seem to get darker and darker. They could smell rot, and even... death? Finally they were led into a clearing with only the smallest amount of light coming through the branches forming the canopy above. All around them was rot and death, the carcasses of animals and dying fungi everywhere. It was a macabre and somewhat grotesque place for Gaia to bring them.

List of Glorified NPCs

Sites I'm part of:
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio

Back to top Go down

Post  Guestor on Wed 09 Mar 2016, 11:20 am

The Duke of Perfection entered the Grand Elder Wood, his peacock form neatly fitting with the green surroundings. He would still feel a little bit of out place regardless thanks to his Spirit nature, and the fact that he felt he was interrupting something unbeknownst to him only made this feeling grow in strength. Still, it had been his mistake to make those feathers and let them go where they please, and so he quietly advanced.
Guestor

Portfolio
Name: Kairos
Domains: Core Astral, Astral Plane, Oasis
Position: Maker of Spirits

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Que on Thu 10 Mar 2016, 6:02 am

Death looked around, she wondered why they were sent here. How would Gaia communicate with all this death around and no trees to speak from? And then she turned to Araha. Do you know, she asked incredulously, why we're here? Death walked closer to Araha, noticing a presence she now knew a little bit, as part of him was currently visiting her realm. Her bare skull made no facial expression other than a grin, which was interrupted long enough for her jaw to move as she spoke. Hello, Duke. she said.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Gaia

Post  The Storyteller on Fri 11 Mar 2016, 10:50 am

A strange breeze blows through the wood, a warm wind that smelled deeply of the wood and carried leaves with it. ~We are here Death so that you might learn something.... that I feel perhaps you need to learn, to better accept yourself and the role you play in the Existential Sphere. You kept feeling so uncomfortable in the midst of so much life, but you need to know that Death is not always the end... sometimes... it's only the beginning. Look around you what do you really see?~

Of course there was the rot and the death, it was everywhere and the stench of it was thick in the air. Still if you focus your perception you can see more than just death. From the rot there are insects, fungi, and so much more. There is growth, you can see where the ground is made full of nutrients and makes the trees strong. Underneath the thick scent of decay is the scent of growth. From Death comes new life, ~Do you see? Do you understand Death? In the ages to come you will be an angel of mercy to some and a demon from hell to others. You have burdened with the heaviest of responsibilities, but never think it's not noble or not grand in it's own way. As you take life from the Existential Sphere, you will make room for new life to come in. Never doubt yourself, and please never feel uncomfortable here. For where Death goes, nature tends to follow to make anew... all things must go in the end perhaps, but that doesn't mean they can't be replaced.~

List of Glorified NPCs

Sites I'm part of:
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio

Back to top Go down

Post  Guestor on Fri 11 Mar 2016, 11:10 am

"Begging you both pardon for the interruption." Said the peacock as he approached Gaia and Death. "For some reason, that brings to my mind a saying unspoken before: 'With strange eons even death may die.' - likely the work of Time."
Guestor

Portfolio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Gaia

Post  The Storyteller on Fri 11 Mar 2016, 11:23 am

~I don't know how you may have meant it Brother, but I imagine that one like Death would find those words a comfort. Alas my dear as we all know, you are not intended to leave until after all others have left... and this is only the beginning. The End is a very long way off, or at least I hope it is. Until than you will have to be strong, take courage, you mean a great deal to some of us. I hope at the very least, that this will help you feel more comfortable in my Wood.~

The wind turns and blows towards Kairos now, ~yes Brother? It is of course a pleasure to meet you. Welcome to my Wood, I believe you have met Death and this of course is The Free Maker.~ The breeze winding it's way towards omega blowing through his hair and than winding back over to Death.

List of Glorified NPCs

Sites I'm part of:
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio

Back to top Go down

Post  Guestor on Fri 11 Mar 2016, 11:46 am

"Pleased to meet both of you." Said Kairos. "I do not believe we have any business to discuss at this point, do we? Of course, if you disagree I am eager to listen to any such thoughts." He made a pause, then continued. "Barring that, I shall accompany you for some steps if you allow me to do so. Otherwise I will interrupt you no more."
Guestor

Portfolio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Free Maker

Post  The Storyteller on Fri 11 Mar 2016, 3:07 pm

The young human looking male with his white hair and his burning red eyes looks upon Kairos and smiles. His clothes had changed once more, now wearing the basic leather garments best suited for roaming a forest. He turns toward the path they had followed and than glances about to see if any other paths lay about. "It is good to meet you Maker of Spirits, I communed with the Great Spirit that came before you. He was very wise and very kind, have you chosen to inherit him or are you your own Maker?" You can sense no ill will from him, only perhaps at the moment a sense of enduring wonder of Gaia's realm. He seems enthralled by it, and one might think he never wanted to leave.

List of Glorified NPCs

Sites I'm part of:
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio

Back to top Go down

Post  Guestor on Fri 11 Mar 2016, 3:29 pm

"I am my own being, even if both the Great White Whale and I come from the same primal element." The peacock replied politely.
Guestor

Portfolio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Que on Fri 11 Mar 2016, 8:18 pm

Death would've paid more heed Kairos, except she was so distracted by the beautiful message Gaia had laid out for her. If she had any tear glands she was sure she would've cried with joy at this vision. She bowed her head in speculative awe. Thank you, very much Gaia, for showing me this. She thanked her sister privately, quietly, and decided that this precious memory was one she would always keep, and one she would forever learn from. With a small sigh she returned to the situation at present, gave the Duke a pleasant bow, and chose to listen silently with her ever-grinning skull.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum