Creating your Character

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why do you want to participate in the God's Game?

Eh... I'm just curious really...

I love to roleplay!

I love creative writing!

I'm a creative roleplayer, intrigued by the game's concept

I'm a creative person, whose really interested in the idea of building a sandbox multiverse from scratch.

I love the idea of being an all-powerful God-like being!

I want to participate in the creation of a community devoted to a massive rp like this one.

I'm really interested in the idea you have, of creating a whole Existential Canon to play with.

I just want to play, whatever reason.

I'm your Fam! Again duh! MWCL, whoop whoop!

Honestly, I've watched your internet career for a while and just want to be involved.

I know all about the Storyteller and can't wait to be apart of his Canon Verse!

I was drawn by the potent energies of the Chronicles of Existence Spell... you know what I'm talking about.

I'm crazy! walla walla bing bong!

I just want to play, leave me alone, I'm part of your game aren't I?

View results

Creating your Character

Post  The Storyteller on Mon 15 Feb 2016, 5:50 am

Joining the Game

Basically to start with you sign up with the forum and the first thing you should do is send myself (the storyteller) a private message, introducing yourself, saying a little bit about why you want to join the game, and basically confirm and promise to behave yourself and not do anything destructive to the forum community or the game itself, like  trying to start stuff in ooc threads, etc. Than if you want to and I strongly suggest you should introduce yourself in the ooc sub-forum 'Introductions'.

After all that you should chose one of the available Maker positions, fill out the application below and send it to myself (the storyteller).

Last edited by The Storyteller on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 6:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio
Name: The Storyteller
Domains: The Existential Light
Position: The Storyteller

View user profile http://storysgodgame755.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Creating your Character

Post  The Storyteller on Mon 15 Feb 2016, 6:06 am

The Makers

If you wish to know more about the individual positions and their corresponding boons and curses than look them up in Game Introduction.

Maker of Life - available
Maker of Fire - taken
Maker of Shadows - taken
Maker of Earth - available
Maker of War - taken
Maker of Magic - available
Maker of Light - available
Maker of Winds - available
Maker of Water - taken
Maker of Death - taken
Maker of the Mind - available
Maker of Love - available
Maker of Spirits - taken
The Free Maker - taken

The Divine Engines

Yes at the moment the only admin of this forum and acting game master is myself. I do intend to have four moderators/admins working under me who will also be acting game masters and they'll be the acting 'divine engines' until I find people worthy of holding those positions though I'll be acting divine engines and handling all their responsibilities. Do not think that just anyone can be a divine engine though, I have had some bad experiences with negative power-hungry bullies trying to wedge themselves into administrative positions on previous forums I've been on. So I have no intention of just letting anyone be a divine engine.

The Creation Engine - available
The Entropy Engine - available
The Fate Engine - taken
The Lady - taken

Last edited by The Storyteller on Fri 18 Mar 2016, 5:02 pm; edited 13 times in total
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio

Back to top Go down

Post  The Storyteller on Mon 15 Feb 2016, 6:38 am

The Application

Name: Put the name of your Maker here.
Title: This can be anything like for example 'the storyteller, (although that one is taken.) The Jester, The Dark Lord, The Kindly One, or something like the great spirits for example The Dancing Flame or The Storm King. You may use even use the Title of the great spirit that precedes your Maker. You also may leave this blank claiming no title as a Maker.
Maker Position: Which Maker are you? The Maker of Shadows? The Maker of Magic? The Maker of Death?
Personality: This allows myself and other Makers to have a better feel for your character and the type of Maker they'll be.
Portrait: Optimally you'll give me a halfway decent image resembling your character's form, and a decent written description of their appearance, at the very least either give me a picture or a short yet well written description of your character.
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio

Back to top Go down

Post  The Storyteller on Mon 15 Feb 2016, 6:54 am

Requirements

The only real requirements for this game are to be logical,strategic, and descriptive.

Logic: Be logical, you will find that doing something illogical in the god's game can really hurt you for example you spend points on a creative action to make an atmosphere on a planet before gravity exists, the atmosphere would be created, but without gravity to maintain it around the planet it would just float off into space and dissipate.

You can create a race of Fairy-looking Quarian-Asari hybrids, but if no one created the laws of procreation, evolution, adaptability, or if you do not gift them with higher thought or a mentality, then they would simply kind of... you know... die off?

Strategy: You won't always be able to create everything you want in one instance or even a handful of instances, so you need to be able to plan your moves, act and react to the actions of the other Makers. So if you wish to create something with 1 Instance, that is too complex, then split it apart into multiple Instances, to avoid the Wrath of a divine engine or worse the storyteller.

Descriptive: The Storyteller or the divine engines will always post a reply to every instance and at the beginning and end of every chapter. When we make these replies we will have to interpret to our best ability the desired effect and intent behind every action and instance. In order to best get what you really want adding a decent amount of descriptive flavor text is very helpful, the more descriptive you are the more likely it is you'll get what you want.
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio

Back to top Go down

Post  The Storyteller on Mon 15 Feb 2016, 7:12 am

Multiple Characters

Yes I intend to allow players to maintain more than one character, hell I may even take an extra character or two, but there will be limitations on this and if you can't handle your current number of characters or are abusing the privilege it can be taken away.

Time required to gain another character

Rank 1: After you have been a part of the game for 24 hours you may apply for a second character.
Rank 2: 72 hours after maintaining a second character you may apply for a third.
Rank 3: 120 hours or five days after gaining a third character you may apply for a fourth.
Rank 4: 240 hours or ten days after gaining a fourth character you may apply for a fifth.
Rank 5: 360 hours or fifteen days after gaining a fifth character you may apply for a sixth.
Rank 6: One month after gaining a sixth character you may apply for a seventh.
Rank 7: Six months after gaining a seventh character you may apply for a eighth.
Rank 8: One year after gaining a eighth character you may apply for a ninth.

You may not have more than nine characters.
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down