Hey! We got ourselves some updates!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hey! We got ourselves some updates!

Post  The Storyteller on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 8:12 pm

Yup, decided it could use a little sprucing, we've been active now for a little more than two weeks. (Almost a whole three weeks, which is almost a whole month!) Anyway I did some work on the Forum to make it a little nicer. I'm also about to go on an advertising spree and I suggest you do the same! I know a whole lot of posting didn't happen today, and probably won't. (That's okay though I'm going to be posting a lot after midnight if I can manage it.) At least, the time that could've been spent posting was spent improving the look of the forum and now on advertising it. Remember to try to advertise yourselves, we don't need a ton of people this early on. If we can fill out the Maker roster though I would be both thoroughly impressed and pleased as punch.

To new members and to the lurkers! HI! Remember is you don't feel like joining the game just yet that's fine, but please try to introduce yourself and feel free to participate in the Out of Character threads.

Primary Character: The Free Maker - Omega, the Tyrant King

List of Glorified NPCs
Artias, Esmeralda Elderwicks, Noami, Orbkiller, Simon

Sites I'm part of:
Realphobia - The Imagination Destination!
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio
Name: The Storyteller
Domains: The Existential Light
Position: The Storyteller

View user profile http://storysgodgame755.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hey! We got ourselves some updates!

Post  Nabril on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 5:00 am

That's cool you can actually make your own logo for your game.
Nabril

Portfolio
Name: Nabril
Domains: Shadows
Position: Maker of Shadows

View user profile

Back to top Go down

So... monthly sprucing?

Post  The Storyteller on Fri 11 Mar 2016, 9:41 am

Okay so I'm thinking I'm going to make 'sprucing' up the forum a monthly thing. Especially as it has been brought to my attention and I most whole-heartedly agree that the private message system is somewhat abhorrent. Especially for those trying to manage more than one character, how the backlog merges all the messages together and only lets you see so far back? Aggravating especially for a game like this and especially with goals we have in mind for this game. No a private thread system would indeed be incredibly more efficient. I even think I know how I would do it...

I would have each character get it's own group and set it up so there would be a board called the 'Private Gallery' Characters would only be able to see their threads and the threads they want to share with someone specific... I mean okay it's going to be complicated. Basically when you want to start a private thread with someone you'll need to let an Admin or moderator know so they can make sure that you and the person or people you want to see the thread are the only ones who can. (Of course moderators and admins will be able to see all the threads, but this is more for in-character private communication. To some extent for true private messaging you'll just have to use the private message system provided, unfortunately it's the best we got for now. I won't give up trying to find an alternative or some way to get it to work differently so at least it doesn't do that annoying thing where it merges the messages... because that is just so difficult to deal with...

(Although I might be willing to consider only allowing admins to see all the threads, but to some extent yeah I don't think I could turn that off...)

Could I?

Anyway that's one thing I want to do on the first next month as part of my 'sprucing', you guys wouldn't have anything else you would like to see added, changed, what have you? Would you? If so suggestions are always welcome! I'll do what I can to try to bring the forum up to standard.

List of Glorified NPCs

Sites I'm part of:
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio

Back to top Go down

It might not look it...

Post  The Storyteller on Sat 19 Mar 2016, 3:48 pm

But I did actually manage to do some forum maintenance today. I don't know why I'm being so blocked when it comes to the writing the in-character posts today and a little bit the last day or two. I will get back on it don't worry, I think part of it is actually all the forum ideas and improvements I posted about. You'll find what I'm talking about in the Serious OOC Discussion Thread. Anyway now that I got that out of the way I feel my head is a lot clearer. So I'm going to go ahead and hop on to in-character posts and although I may not finish them all today. I think I'll be catching back up on them soon enough.

Also! If I don't manage to catch up today; just going to warn you that I might just be slow for the next two days because I'm going to either tomorrow or the day after or both be focusing on a advertising spree and hopefully get us a few more members/players!!!

After that though I'm all you guys. Alright? Very Happy

List of Glorified NPCs

Sites I'm part of:
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio

Back to top Go down

Among those updates~!

Post  The Storyteller on Sat 19 Mar 2016, 5:13 pm

You might have noticed that the site's logo and the name has been updated. We're no longer the God's Game, we're now the 'Chronicles of Existence' or 'CoE' we got a new logo and I just got done making a bunch of banner images... that hopefully are more less decent sizes and can be used.

List of Glorified NPCs

Sites I'm part of:
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio

Back to top Go down

Re: Hey! We got ourselves some updates!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down