A Duke's Dream Journal

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Duke's Dream Journal

Post  Guestor on Sun 06 Mar 2016, 9:40 am

Emergence.

The Maker of Spirits emerged in the Howling Void, the very first thought coming to his mind was one of Time. Time... The essence through which all things may come to and end. Can things not alive die? Perhaps not. But he had a beginning - a moment ago, nonetheless - which implied an ending. Thus the Maker of Spirits had his second thought: That this situation was very, very bad. If he had emerged from Time, then it meant that he could in turn learn to master it... Or be consumed trying.

Formation.

At that point the Maker of Spirits realized that he did not actually "exist" yet. Yes, he was a formless mass of thought and potential, but he was lacking a means to be seen by other Makers. Other makers? Yes, there were others like him... He was sure of it. At that point he also realized that there were not only others like himself but there were also other, superior beings: Beings who controlled the very nature of reality. While he would come close, he would never be able to surpass them... And in this he grew with envy, for the thoughts of creation had already taken a hold of him; and the thought that there was something superior that he could not replicate or mimic made him jealous. Time, Divine Engines... He would respect them, but he would seek in his thoughts to surpass them. He would reach perfection - or be as close to anything can be to perfection.

And he would begin by taking a form unclaimed yet. Gathering his thoughts he formed around himself a small puddle of illusions and thoughts which shifted and changed, but yet was made of the same substance and had some permanence to it all the same. He concentrated on thoughts of the perfection he sought... But for now, all he could dream of in this Howling Void and Time and thoughts was a sphere. "A Sphere of Dreams" he thought to himself.

Thus the Maker of Spirits, the Sphere of Dreams, emerged formed from the Primal Nexus.
Guestor

Portfolio
Name: Kairos
Domains: Core Astral, Astral Plane, Oasis
Position: Maker of Spirits

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Duke's Dream Journal

Post  Guestor on Sun 13 Mar 2016, 11:50 am

First Thoughts

"Ever since my emergence many things have taken place. Games of deceit and lies, thoughts shared, realms created and reshaped, and words and ideas traded with other Makers. Existence is still young, and so yet so much has taken place. Where to start? I have made a Pact with the Golden Phoenix, the most beautiful of all the Makers. There is talk of an 'Old One', a being which threatens existence itself. The First Pantheon was created by six or so Makers at the behest of the Free Maker. I became the first of the Makers to have not one but two realms under my control and by my creation." The Maker of Spirits stops to recollect his thoughts, and glances to look at One, the first being under his orders not of his control.

"Ah, right. One. That one - if the tremendously distasteful pun be pardoned - is a gift from Fayth, the Maker of Light. A fine gift I told Fayth, and I stand by those words. However, what do with this 'archangel'? What can he do that I cannot, and more importantly what is he willing to do? On one hand it is nice to know I am no longer alone in my Oasis in the Nexus. On the other, it is somewhat sad that the first other being to arrive at my realm is of another Maker's creation. It makes me feel as if I cannot create things of my own design... Which is true to some extent. My ability to meddle with Physical reality is very limited, which is why I have centered my efforts around the Spiritual planes. Speaking of which, the Core Astral and the Outer Astral Planes have shaped up quite nicely. Enjoy the act of creation. Do the others feel the same when making those realms of theirs, or do they feel different? I cannot say. I just know that I do not know what they intend to create, or why. Spirit seems so straightforward in that aspect. There is not even a 'To be or not to be' question: Spirit is and dare no other Maker or being say the opposite, for it would be a vile lie."

Guestor

Portfolio
Name: Kairos
Domains: Core Astral, Astral Plane, Oasis
Position: Maker of Spirits

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum