[The Iron Heaven] The Cage: Survival Challenge

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[The Iron Heaven] The Cage: Survival Challenge

Post  Zargor on Thu 17 Mar 2016, 7:33 am

A closed Door.

So many possibilities.  So many MANY things that a door could represent.  An infinite realm of possibility.  Freedom.  A door might represent limitations to some, but it is also infinite possiblity!

But not here.

Whenever a door is destroyed anywhere; the Existential Sphere or the howling void or anywhere in between or beyond, a door appeared here.

But each door only led to one place here.

Another door.

That's it.  Nothing else.  Ever.

Zargor

Portfolio
Name:
Domains:
Position:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Zargor: SLAM

Post  Zargor on Thu 17 Mar 2016, 7:37 am

(Barring storyteller intervention)

This is the part where Inky/Inkish gets slammed face first into a Door from the Iron Heights.

------------------------------------------>To here.

Zargor

Portfolio
Name:
Domains:
Position:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Zargor: A contest of wills [Indeed - Approved by the Storyteller]

Post  Zargor on Thu 17 Mar 2016, 7:42 am

In this instance only, failure of the inhabitant to respond before this realm would otherwise self delete indicates infinite suffering AND loss of the challenged.

It must react or it is erased with the realm.

The realm will always respond.

A reaction is demanded. A  door must be opened.

Total control means rules are set within the rules.

Zargor will cause a door to open if Ink opens a door.

And nothing happens if he opens a door but another door appearing.

No freedom.  Just doors.

Zargor

Portfolio
Name:
Domains:
Position:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Zargor: One Door Opens

Post  Zargor on Thu 17 Mar 2016, 8:11 am

------------------------>From Iron Heights and the Bar And the Howling Void

"Oh crap."  Zargor snaps.

"I cannot control my actions but if you join me, its Door heaven for me."  He smiles and says, "Shall you open a door, or shall I?"

Zargor

Portfolio
Name:
Domains:
Position:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Ink

Post  The Storyteller on Thu 17 Mar 2016, 9:02 am

The creature falls face first into an Iron Door and he slides off it to the floor. Grinning as black blood leaks from his nose. He leans his head back looking up to Zargor as his eyes fidget and twitch and his grin widens.

His eyes:

I told ya...

Zargor...

You ...

and...

me...

Heeheeheeheeheehee!!!

Raising up unnaturally as if flying to his feet, instead of getting up properly. Then bending backwards he looks at Zargor from an upside down angle. His grin stretches to the edges of his face in an inhuman way and you can't help noticing that his teeth seem to go on forever. As he makes a snap and suddenly the Hell of Doors is irrevocably changed. As it becomes a Cage, there are doors still and doors still come here to die, but now the doors lead somewhere. Perhaps places with different doors and perhaps those places always change, but now it was a matter of chance and out of both their hands in a sense. As the realm reconfigured itself to be a cube hanging in the infinite void. This cube was made of several parts like the cubes that make up a rubik cube, and each of these cubes were also made of cubes like a rubik cube. Every so often the whole thing would shift, one side changing it's angle and another side doing the same and so would the cubes within cubes. The Whole thing looked almost, but not quite like the Iron Heaven that Arios had originally designed. Only this was rusted, soaked with blood and it's jagged edges and dark aura were undeniable.

There was no escape, there was only running through the numerous rooms the many many cubes contained. 27 Major Cubes and exactly 729 minor cubes... meaning over 19,683 rooms... and each room had 6 exits... it was a terrible mind numbing puzzle... how could anyone ever get out?

Welcome...
to my Head...
Zargor

The Wicked Thing says gleefully, and my head...
is a very dark place.

Feel:

He cackles as he hops up and turns around, swaying from one foot to the other. Clapping as he does so, now the rules my dear...
new friend...

So The Ink added it's own rule, that in this realm you can potentially die, and you most certainly can feel pain, but of course it's hard to kill a Maker so let's attack something actually a little bit more vulnerable shall we?
Heeheeheehee Hahaha!!!
So the Maker can kill me here, I put my life on the line! But fair is fair don't you know? Come on ... why so serious? Why not have a little fun?

When you hurt me, I may die... but if I hurt you or you get hurt... than how about instead of hurting your heart? We hurt your mind! Yes that's right! Your sanity is on the line buddy!

Come on let's take a trip down the rabbit hole? You thought you could bother me with nonsense?

My favorite color of blue is smurf of course~! <3

Hahahahahaha
heeheeheehee
HA! HA! HA! HA!
HA! HA! HA! HA!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

(ooc: have you ever seen/read the joker laugh? Let's just insert one of those... here?)

Unfortunately the power of the Demi-Old One was great enough that this law became a reality... even if the Storyteller wished to god it couldn't... and kind of wishes he could squash the Ink with his thumb... unfortunately... that's against the rules.

Finally as he begins to dance madly he dashes from the room through the door to the north, as now they both occupied a room with a door to the north, south, west, and east. With a spiral staircase in the south western corner leading up and an opening in the floor with a similar spiral staircase leading downwards. So with exits up, down, ahead, behind, and to your left and right. With you facing to the north and the Ink has dashed through the door leading ahead of you. You get a sense that the room he has run into is actually 'yours?' You realize that there must be some kind of game involved here. You might guess the Storyteller has had a hand in this so that the Old One cannot completely control what happens next and to level the playing field. Both of you have an equal advantage and disadvantage now. Although you don't know all the rules of the game you feel you'll probably be able to pick them up quickly.

For one it would seem depending on some factor of chance that when a room is entered the 'owner' is determined by something... you can see something you think is called a dice in your head. Then while in that room the 'owner' has complete control of the contained reality within as long as they do not 'seal' or 'move' the exits and the room stays more or less a cube shaped room. (Although the room could be anything and contain anything and to some extent the walls were even allowed to be flexible and could even be removed, but the exits must remain stagnant.

Also you can feel something else as well that your rule has remained which means that both of you not just him must keep moving, you can't stay in any room too long. Even if you were to move on and leave him behind if he were to stay in one room too long you sense it could endanger you both... not just him.

Finally you unfortunately can feel that his rule has stuck, whenever you are damaged here you won't be damaged physically... you'll be damaged mentally. Basically you're not risking your health being here, you're risking your sanity.

Primary Character: The Free Maker - Omega, the Tyrant King

List of Glorified NPCs
Artias, Esmeralda Elderwicks, Noami, Orbkiller, Simon

Sites I'm part of:
Realphobia - The Imagination Destination!
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio
Name: The Storyteller
Domains: The Existential Light
Position: The Storyteller

View user profile http://storysgodgame755.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Storyteller on behalf of the Mind

Post  The Storyteller on Thu 17 Mar 2016, 9:22 am

The Mind wrote:Rachael, The Mind, The Will Engine, The Creation Engine, The Crone who had already been The Mother and The Maiden once stood and shrieked with fury. The scream did not last long, but it shook The Lady's realm, the whole room and at it's very core the woman stood in the thundering silence that came next and with a look of agony mingled with rage she into her sleeve and took out a card. One could vaguely see dead spirits riding on that card, and though the image it had was unclear, the bold words written under it could plainly be seen:
L E G I O N
She threw the card unto the board and it spun in place there until it had become a piece like any other, a stained, bloody piece. And it stood next to the Cage that had been made. Gotcha. the woman said bitterly as she sat down and sniffed back the rest of her emotion.

It looked like someone was looking out for Zargor. As suddenly the realm shook and another player was introduced to the game. A player who didn't technically exist... yet. A player who also happened to be... the one thing The Ink was well and truly afraid of.

As a strange and creepy music began to play through the cage. From behind corners and along the walls a creeping began. Jerky movements and dead limbs crawled along the floor as out of the shadows... they came... and they were many.

They were...

L E G I O N

All of them appeared to be dead women in various states of decay, all of them with their eyes removed and their bottom jaws torn from their faces either left to hang there or not there at all. They moaned and twitched, they cried and groaned, they jerked and stunk all the way down the hall. Their bloated or dried corpse bodies moving like puppets on strings toward their goal. The one they wanted, the one they craved, the Ink should be very very afraid.

List of Glorified NPCs

Sites I'm part of:
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio

Back to top Go down

Zargor Was Fine, just Fine

Post  Zargor on Thu 17 Mar 2016, 9:44 am

The Complete Version

Everything was just fine.

Zargor smiled at the stuff going on with Ink.

So pleased he was.

He had to ask, since it seemed like someone was looking out (penguin) for him.

Point of order: Was (dafodil) it still possible to Request in the Existential Spher(oid) even if one could not use poi(setias. A plethora of Poinsetias)?

And also, even though lots of weapons were made, hadn't the First Weapon, the one that could Wound Anything come with him(sandwich) and been given to him as well?

Zargor

Portfolio
Name:
Domains:
Position:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Storyteller

Post  The Storyteller on Thu 17 Mar 2016, 9:50 am

It would seem something, somewhere smiled widely.

Yes, yes you do...

List of Glorified NPCs

Sites I'm part of:
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio

Back to top Go down

Zargor: A simple request

Post  Zargor on Thu 17 Mar 2016, 9:59 am

There is a difference between damage and a state.

A state was binary.  You were either hot or cold, but rarely both, though you theoretically could be, but could not be Hot and Not Hot at the same time.

Well you could, but binarily (ocelot) speaking you could (whiporwhil) in fact be understanding of the counterpoint of the surrealism of the underlying metaphor.  

He could create a situation where the State was avoided by increasing the 'capacity/pool(gene)' such that

Zargor requests of the story teller to allow any maker or engine to contribute any kind of point which is used to expand his actual capacity for mental damage such that he can continue to experience damage so long as the limit continues to be moved by contributed points.

The request made, Zargor smiles and does what war does best which is (castanza wallet) hit things with other things, so he takes the First Weapon and Wounds [not guaranteed, but pretty damn likely to hit] the (philosphical) Him.  

By the way, it should be assumed that : Every time Ink takes an action, Zargor stabs unless he says otherwise.

The storyteller never said Zargor was in any way limited in his realm besides being stuck here and being able to take damage, which meant he still had some or more control

Which meant that Ink had made instances without opening doors.

Zargor could have an instance in his realm without opening doors.

Ink hadn't opened a single one.  There should be a penalty for that.  He left that up to the story teller.

Zargor opened a door because he felt like it anyway.

Zargor

Portfolio
Name:
Domains:
Position:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Storyteller

Post  The Storyteller on Thu 17 Mar 2016, 10:06 am

(It was actually a good thing you opened a door, because he did actually... the northern one and left the room... which unfortunately means you can't stab him physically at the moment... he's in another room... although kudos though you actually got more of a grasp on the idea than you think. The only reason this doesn't really work is that each room is sort-of acting as it's own self-contained reality for now. Although if you did that in the same room as him? Yeah far more likely to be successful. You definitely got the right idea, just tweak it wee bit.)

Also which door did you open there is one to the north, south, west, and east and a exit up and down. This room is acting with no 'owner' the room to the north that the Ink went into is actually 'owned' by you which is why if you were in it, that would totally work.

Last edited by The Storyteller on Thu 17 Mar 2016, 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total

List of Glorified NPCs

Sites I'm part of:
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio

Back to top Go down

The Storyteller

Post  The Storyteller on Thu 17 Mar 2016, 10:07 am

The Storyteller also accepts the request, hell he'll let you have it for free. He wants to see you beat the sh*t out of this guy as badly as anybody else.

List of Glorified NPCs

Sites I'm part of:
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio

Back to top Go down

Zargor: Always Check for Secret Doors

Post  Zargor on Thu 17 Mar 2016, 10:10 am

Never Split The Party.

But if He Can Zargor (zardor) (Zardoz)(Zardordaz)

Checks ALL the doors all at once by being Zargor(dor) everywhere.

One does not merely WALK into Zargor(dor).

He checks for secret doors.

Before he walks through all of them.

But especially the north one.

The north door is a door but is more (pig) equal than all the other (Zar) doors.

Zargor (door) opens a tiny door inside his mind and has Athena (likely imaginary) pop out with a gatling gun (also likely imaginary) and goes after Ink(well(not long!))

Zargor

Portfolio
Name:
Domains:
Position:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Ink

Post  The Storyteller on Thu 17 Mar 2016, 10:21 am

The Ink is in the room alright, and Athena (Imaginary) manages to shoot him full of bullets alright, and he spills his black oily blood everywhere. It's going to... 'black oozy cough' take more than that to kill me!

The Old One: 951/1000 HP -49
Zargor: 1000/1000 Sanity

He was already right by the western door in this room, and he opens it and dashes through before you can hurt him anymore than you already have.

Unfortunately Zargor can already sense that the next room has been rolled and the room that the Ink is now in belongs to the Ink which means He'll be the one controlling the reality within. For whatever reason the Zargor's who left into the other rooms appear to fade away into non-existence... or perhaps they don't? But this Zargor is not aware of them. Perhaps he'd bump into them again at some point? He couldn't be certain...

List of Glorified NPCs

Sites I'm part of:
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio

Back to top Go down

Zargor

Post  Zargor on Thu 17 Mar 2016, 10:30 am

Zargor opens the Door on the door that just came from if THIS room is the room he came from. It's a tiny door within the door that leads to another door within infinite (Zargor) doors.

If Zargor understands the (llalalalalalalal I'm not listening to you Larry!) situation clearly (Beverly) (Midnight Waking Ever Weary) then Ink controls the next room through the next (Never!)Door.

But Zargor controls this one. Shared(reality) control but he might not have (infinite potato) infinite (infinite) (infinite(infinite)) control, simply control unless (him(he))(ink) (Inky) looks for it.

So Zargor creates a bomb which (bombra iran(anne)) changed will in fact become a (llama) llama, immediately after unless changed not to change.

Zargor takes the door down after

Opening the door Ink went through and throwing the Bomb/Not Bomb/Llama through noting that the Llama is a firebreaming Pajama Llama.

Zargor

Portfolio
Name:
Domains:
Position:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Storyteller - Event [Help from Kairos]

Post  The Storyteller on Thu 17 Mar 2016, 10:52 am

A poem of true love and pure of intent can be a very powerful thing. So it was that the Ink felt the piercing arrow of Kairos's words and was damaged even here.

Old One: 918/1000 HP -33
(The Power of True Love)
Zargor: 1000/1000 Sanity

Last edited by The Storyteller on Thu 17 Mar 2016, 10:58 am; edited 3 times in total

List of Glorified NPCs

Sites I'm part of:
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio

Back to top Go down

Zargor: Que Pasa

Post  Zargor on Thu 17 Mar 2016, 10:55 am

Reflection of Reality

Zargor continues opening the door through which he was already (going) going down.

"By the way, Zargor?"

"Yes Zargor?"

"Um...he hasn't reduced your sanity stat so why are you acting insane?"

Looks at Watermellons on his Feet.  "I don't recall telling me to do that."

He goes through.

Zargor

Portfolio
Name:
Domains:
Position:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Ink

Post  The Storyteller on Thu 17 Mar 2016, 11:26 am

The llama bomb? or llama who is also a bomb, or a bomb of llamas? or a ridiculous meld of reality and fiction into something potentially destructive is thrown through the door. Yet there is no BOOM or anything, just quiet... no not quiet. There is the tinkering of silverware and the clap of plates and the clash of glasses on counters and the murmuring of people beyond... that's strange...

If the door is peeked through, or looked through, or seen beyond, or warped, or bent, or even broken. Beyond can be seen what appears to be (although Zargor can't be entirely sure how...) A diner... (He's not entirely sure how he knows what a diner is either...) full of customers who appear to be normal regular everyday humans... (He doesn't know how he knows what that is either.) It's a pretty regular appearing diner all things considered. With red booths and stools and a robin egg blue counter and a register and even a cake on one of those weird raised plates with the lid on. There's a cook in the back and a woman waiting tables and another woman behind the bar/counter. The two waitresses are wearing pale blue uniforms and through the windows can be seen a dry light tan brown barren land with a single road. (was that what it was? You couldn't quite tell with it being all smooth and covered in dry dark stuff you don't quite know about.)

List of Glorified NPCs

Sites I'm part of:
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio

Back to top Go down

The power of a silent prayer [Storyteller]

Post  The Storyteller on Thu 17 Mar 2016, 2:07 pm

The power of a faithful prayer done in silence can be a powerful thing. Zargor can hear a whisper on the wind of a quiet prayer done in mourning.

Hilal wrote:Please ... Please just beat him, I don't care how... just make him pay for killing my sibling. Please just make him pay, I'm sorry that I wanted to attack you, I'm so sorry... please... just make him pay.

Zargor suddenly feels breath in lungs for the first time, his body is still something of iron and steel, a machine. Somehow though now it's more and Zargor can feel wings sprout from his back. A blessing from the Arch High Seraphim of Freedom and Hilal's secret power.

Zargor is now empowered by the Child Seraphim, this grants him x2 the sanity points and allows him to regenerate 1 point of sanity for every r/l day or 24 Out of Character Hours. Zargor also now has a greater chances to cause damage to the Ink and will cause more damage when he does so. (+15 to hit and damage)

List of Glorified NPCs

Sites I'm part of:
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio

Back to top Go down

Zargor

Post  Zargor on Fri 18 Mar 2016, 4:56 am

Takes it on general principal that you deal with the frame of reality in which you find yourself as if it were real.

There are exceptions.

He takes the First Weapon...and begins to wound EVERYTHING. Because anything here could be his foe. The plates. The door. The people. Everything in this room gets hit.

Zargor

Portfolio
Name:
Domains:
Position:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A Divine Move - The Storyteller

Post  The Storyteller on Fri 18 Mar 2016, 7:32 am

Because the Storyteller is watching and he knows a mistake about to happen when he sees one. Also because he had a revelation that The Mind and The Ink all of it, they weren't the only ones who could pull a Divine Move. There was something else, someone wise... an old ally... one of the first. The One they really really needed right now. As suddenly just as Zargor is about to lower his sword it's stopped mid-swing by cold iron. The first thing that might come to mind is how could a lowly simple iron crowbar stop a sword like his? The crowbar was in the mitten covered skeletal hand and arm of what was before him appeared to be a zombie woman. Well perhaps zombie woman wasn't the best word to describe her, the body was that of a corpse or at least it would seem like it. Somehow it felt like it was somehow animated by her will alone, not by some magic or psychic power... something more pure.

Her left arm the one holding the crowbar blocking your first blow is skeletal with not a single bit of flesh or muscle on it. It was somehow attached to the much more fleshy rest of her. The corpse flesh was also blue as if it had been suffering from severe cold up to this point and that's when you realize that on some level the body was at least just meagerly alive just so cold it registered as dead. Although you are quite certain that it should be dead anything else would be dead under such conditions except maybe something like an Arch High Seraphim or maybe a Maker. Certainly not anything mortal, but this was the Primal Nexus so that wasn't too surprising I suppose.

She has no clothes really which makes things a little awkward, although it also makes the sever scar tissue all over her body especially the parts of her that would be more... sensitive. She's obviously undergone torments unimaginably barbaric, and she has no eyes. Only a void where her eyes should be. Her head is mostly bald except an electric blue mohawk. Her right arm is flesh like her body and has a mitten as well. Both the mittens are a pastel cotton candy pink, in stark contrast of the rest of her. Her right shoulder has the only piece of real equipment she has on her a pauldron piece of shoulder armor.

She's also wearing boots you notice the only other piece of clothing she has on, which you can't help has a half-crumbled pack of cigarettes in it. "Don't think for a second I'm about to let you kill these innocent people." She states through gritted teeth, you can't help noticing that the cigarettes are in the left boot and just now noticing that in the right boot is a strange gleaming metallic device that you realize looks a lot like one of those boom stick things you saw from your visions before.

Now what the hell are you! Why the fuck are you here interfering!!! The Cook suddenly shouts, his back was to Zargor before. Now facing them from behind the window into the kitchen his face is cast in deep shadow and his eyes glow red. There is no iris, or pupil or even white there is just the deep malevolent blood red.

The Nameless Half-Dead Chick doesn't even speak just silently and quickly grabbing the gun, (yes you now know that's what it's called a gun.) and shoots the Cook in the head without a word. The Sound of his heavy fat body hitting the ground in the kitchen can be heard. The People suddenly begin cheering and crying with joy as they fade from the diner altogether hugging each other with joy and relief. The woman just gives Zargor a look, without eyes that was pretty difficult to do... she still managed.

Lowering the crowbar she leads the way into the kitchen where the corpses of some of the customers were lain and obviously were being used to make the food. The corpse was still there and in the light the blue painted clown face of the Cook is revealed.

Number of times the Violator has been Killed: 1!

"You have to be more cautious here, you can't jump without looking first... or the Cage will own you... Remember The Ink isn't the Master of the Cage, he's obsessed with it yes, but he isn't it's Master if anything... it's his and it will be yours too if you aren't careful. Taking a cigarette from her pack and the lighter out from underneath it and lighting up. She shakes the pack at Zargor as if to offer him one.

List of Glorified NPCs

Sites I'm part of:
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio

Back to top Go down

The Ink

Post  The Storyteller on Fri 18 Mar 2016, 7:37 am

The Ink wasn't pleased that it's minion had been so easily foiled... although was it his minion? He didn't really care as he rushed through once again the westward entrance, in this place it looked like the entrance to a freezer. The sound of dice being rolled can be heard and than the sound of a dice landing and the rage of The Lady at being so ill-used. Then ... silence...

The silence was then broken by the screams of the Ink and the satisfying sound of him running in terror...

Apparently there is something in the room he went into that he found highly unpleasant aren't you curious to find out what it might be?

List of Glorified NPCs

Sites I'm part of:
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio

Back to top Go down

Zargor: Understanding Before Acting

Post  Zargor on Fri 18 Mar 2016, 8:27 am

The Storyteller wrote:The Ink wasn't pleased that it's minion had been so easily foiled... although was it his minion? He didn't really care as he rushed through once again the westward entrance, in this place it looked like the entrance to a freezer. The sound of dice being rolled can be heard and than the sound of a dice landing and the rage of The Lady at being so ill-used. Then ... silence...

The silence was then broken by the screams of the Ink and the satisfying sound of him running in terror...

Apparently there is something in the room he went into that he found highly unpleasant aren't you curious to find out what it might be?

He looks at her and says, "There's a lot I can't know.  Tell me what you know about the Cage and about Ink.  Are you Legion as well?"

Zargor officially requests an instinctive knowledge of any artifact or being encountered in creation (the Primal or Existential Sphere) whose original template did not originate there, whilst omitting only details that will automatically lead to his ascension.

Zargor

Portfolio
Name:
Domains:
Position:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Storyteller

Post  The Storyteller on Fri 18 Mar 2016, 8:43 am

The beings within the Existential Sphere that did not originally come from here are as follows:
The Old One Nyarlathotep ... that's it... The rest of the entities within the Existential Sphere originated from the Existential Sphere although there are beings that are outside their proper timelines or not in their right place in time.

Answers the Storyteller

List of Glorified NPCs

Sites I'm part of:
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio

Back to top Go down

Thanks

Post  Zargor on Fri 18 Mar 2016, 8:53 am

"I meant knowing what a 'Diner' or a 'Gun' is without having to tinker around with Ascension in context. But that helps to know."

Zargor

Portfolio
Name:
Domains:
Position:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Orbkiller

Post  The Storyteller on Fri 18 Mar 2016, 9:01 am

The strange not-quite-dead lady continues to drag on her cigarette. Blowing out smoke as she leans on the counter, gesturing at the door. Shouldn't we be moving as we talk? Your rule about the doors still stands and the Cage has taken to it far too well. You can't stay in one room for too long, or there will be consequences. Of course there are other doors as well. Pointing towards the exit which would be considered east. The Restroom doors which would be south and another exit one the side of the building headed north. Than she gestured to a trap door leading down and a staircase through an archway leading up.

Although I'd say we should follow him, I know the Cage and I think it won that roll... it likes to torment him too after all... and it might reveal a weakness... a really good one too. She smiles bitterly, the cage is a construct... it was originally created ... in another time I suppose is the best I could say... it's something the Storyteller created to hold the darker things... the sort of things that should never see the light of day. It was intended to imprison the Old Ones, but than the Storyteller figured out how to just make them leave ...

She takes another drag as she pauses for a moment, a thoughtful silence. The thing is that Simon... that's what he's called by the way... he came along. With Freedom you are given the choice to be good or evil to cause harm or to bring healing. Simon is ... well in his own way worse than the Old Ones. Even now the control between him and the Old One is shifting. If you think about it the Old Ones want to devour us and they hate us for being different, but their intellect is totally alien to our own. They don't actually have a concept of good or evil they don't understand it.

Simon is evil though... don't doubt that for a second. Ever since he sort of 'manifested' himself he's been using the Old One to make himself more real and now even the Old One is having a hard time not being manipulated by Him. That's how nasty this guy is...

The worse part is that he knows on some level that's all he is... a memory an idea given form. Still ... he's a very powerful idea. He hates it though... you see he's become self-aware. He doesn't want to stop living now that he's gotten a taste for it... he doesn't want to die. He's ... well he's complicated, and even though the Cage is actually his greatest weakness; he's obsessed with it... he's been in the Cage for so long that he possibly can't live without it...

In it's own way it's inevitable that he would've recreated it in some form, even if just to torment himself further with it. He can't seem to help himself...

Although you should probably know that his body or the Ink itself that you saw before was actually the Blood of an Old One it's what he's using and what Nyarl put into your sword that's allowing him to manifest physically and have such power as he does now... also his nature as the living idea or manifestation of physical Evil... the source you might say... or just the personification? it's hard to tell...
Pausing to take another drag, killing half her cigarette in doing so.

I'm not a member of the legion, although I've acted as their caretaker and guardian in the past... a long time ago... although I suppose for you it's not even happened yet... I'm Orbkiller nice to meet you.

List of Glorified NPCs

Sites I'm part of:
The Storyteller
Admin

Portfolio

Back to top Go down

Re: [The Iron Heaven] The Cage: Survival Challenge

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down